The North Dakota Game and Fish Department has completed its deer gun lottery, and individual results are available on the Game and Fish website at www.gf.nd.gov.
Moving to an online lottery has resulted in reducing the time between the application deadline and the lottery run date, said Kim Kary, chief of administrative services.
“It’s a major benefit in moving to an all online lottery application process,” Kary said.
The Game and Fish Department will mail deer licenses to successful applicants after they purchase a valid 2019-20 hunting license. All deer hunters, regardless of age, are required to have a general game and habitat license in addition to their deer license.
More than 6,000 deer gun licenses remain. Only resident applicants who were unsuccessful in the lottery can apply for remaining licenses.
More than 78,000 people applied for a deer gun lottery license, in addition to about 13,500 gratis applicants. The 2019 deer gun proclamation allows for 64,500 deer gun season licenses.
Unsuccessful applicants can apply online for remaining licenses beginning July 10. The deadline for applying is July 24.
Remaining licenses available by unit are as follows:
- 2H: Any antlerless, 172.
- 2L: Any antlerless, 30.
- 3A1: Any antlerless, 399.
- 3B1: Antlerless whitetail, 107; antlerless mule deer, 122.
- 3B2: Antlerless whitetail, 98; antlerless mule deer, 201.
- 3B3: Antlerless whitetail, 267.
- 3C: Antlerless whitetail, 360.
- 3D1: Any antlerless, 86; antlerless whitetail, 219.
- 3D2: Antlerless whitetail, 149
- 3E1: Antlerless whitetail, 217.
- 3E2: Any antlerless, 48; antlerless whitetail, 181.
- 3F1: Any antlerless, 175; antlerless whitetail, 459.
- 3F2: Any antlerless, 893; antlered whitetail, 73; antlerless whitetail, 778.
- 4A: Antlerless whitetail, 23.
- 4B: Antlerless whitetail, 115.
- 4C: Antlerless whitetail, 100.
- 4D: Antlerless whitetail, 141.
- 4E: Antlerless whitetail, 155.
- 4F: Antlerless whitetail, 350; antlerless mule deer, 185.
North Dakota’s deer gun season opens at noon Friday, Nov. 8.