BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) — A family of four and their dog are displaced after a fire broke out in the attic of their home on South Quercus Avenue.
The fire started just after 3 a.m. Saturday. The family was alerted to the fire by working smoke detectors.
Boise Fire Department responded and the fire was quickly put out. They say the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical issue. There were no injuries.
The family told KBOI2 that they were impressed and pleased with the fire department saying they went beyond the call of duty.
They say firefighters had to knock down part of a wall but took the time to remove or cover the family’s personal belongings that held sentimental value.
The family is being assisted by the Burnout Fund.