BROWN COUNTY, Texas (KTXS) – Three family members were found dead Saturday afternoon at a Texas deer camp – on a large ranch — between the towns Brownwood and Bangs.
Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill said the bodies were located about 1 p.m. inside a box trailer that had been converted into a cabin.
Hill believes the victims died from carbon monoxide poisoning. He said the victims were using propane heaters to stay warm, but the cabin did not have proper ventilation.
The victims, all males, range in age from early teens to late 60s. No names are being released “pending positive identification and notification of next of kin,” Hill said.
A source told KTXS that two of the victim are from Temple. The third is a 69-year-old man from Lake Brownwood.
The victims – who were on a hunting trip — were last seen Thursday at 8:30 p.m., according to a source.
The source also said the ranch manager found the bodies. The ranch is located on County Road 151
“I want to caution everyone about this. Ventilation is necessary when using these types of heaters in confined places,” Hill said.
“Carbon monoxide detectors are very inexpensive to purchase. This is a very tragic loss. Our prayers are with family and friends.”